Gear units for reactors
The term “reactor” is used in the chemical industry to refer to special apparatus (e.g. a stirred tank reactor) in which educts are reacted to obtain a desired product.
The reactors for this kind of application are designed to meet very high process and safety standards.
Powders and suspensions such as pastes, doughs etc. are dried in a mixer-dryer-reactor. The drying process that takes place inside the reactor is often required to be rapid yet simultaneously gentle on the product.
The gear units must therefore have a very high efficiency and produce only minimal vibration and noise. It should also be possible to monitor the complete gear unit.
- Types:Helical gear unit
- Gear stages:2-, 3- and 4-stage
- Power ratings:up to 10,500 kW
- Transmission ratios:i = 6.3 to 450
- Nominal torques:5.8 to 1,400 kNm
- Mounting positions:horizontal and vertical
- High efficiency
- Minimal vibration
- Low noise level
- Dip lubrication
- Complete drive solution mounted on a baseframe, comprising
- Input coupling (FLUDEX)
- Gear unit, incl. monitors
- Gear coupling on output side
Drying / mixing chemical substances as well as food products of all kinds